The contract between us
1) Any contract for purchases made through La Calama Publishing House website will be with La Calama Publishing House (company registration number 02128050503) whose registered office is situated at Via Vecchia palaiese n.2, Pontedera (Zip Code: 56025) – Italy (IT). Our VAT registration numbers are listed in the Value Added Tax (VAT) section below.
2) La Calama Publishing House must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be processed. Payment of the advertised price will be taken at the point of order. Charging your payment method does not mean that an order has been accepted by La Calama Publishing House. Once payment has been processed, La Calama Publishing House will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide. The email will include your name, the order number and the total price charged. La Calama Publishing House acceptance of your order (which will happen when La Calama Publishing House dispatches your order) brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
3) La Calama Publishing House will not process any orders in the case of errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods (including the advertised price of the goods) appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email and reserve the right to cancel your order.
4) This Site is for personal and non-commercial use. You may not use the site to place orders which will be, or are being, sold on to a third party. If you are suspected of using the site in this way then we reserve the right to withdraw from any relevant contract(s) and cancel your order(s).
Your right of cancellation
1) If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, you can cancel your order without giving any reason within 14 days from the day on which you receive your items (or the last item if they were shipped separately). You must notify us of your cancellation. You can notify us through our online contact form or by completing this online cancellation form.
2) You will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us, unless we delivered it to you in error or it is faulty. You must send the item back to us no later than 14 days from the day on which you notified us of your cancellation, by following the instructions we send you.
3) We will refund the price of the item no later than 14 days from the day on which we receive the item back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide evidence reasonably acceptable to us that you have sent the item back. We'll refund the same means of payment as you used to make your purchase.
Availability of goods you order
If La Calama Publishing House has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible and any sum debited by La Calama Publishing House from your payment method will be credited to your account and La Calama Publishing House will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. La Calama Publishing House will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation or to supply the goods in this situation. Please note: we endeavour to bring our customers the best value we can by running special offers, but please remember stocks are limited at the special offer price, and subject to availability. We update our website as quickly as we can to minimise disappointment. The process of updating the website when goods have sold out at promotional price may take a few hours. Please note that the price the goods are offered for are as displayed in your online basket, but that is subject to the rest of these terms.
Delivery of goods to you
La Calama Publishing House will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf, for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give La Calama Publishing House at the time you make your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of dispatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the web site are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are dispatched to you from our distribution centre.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
All prices displayed on La Calama Publishing House website are inclusive of your local Tax (or applicable local sales tax, VAT and similar taxes). Your final price may be different depending upon the tax that applies to your delivery location. Where La Calama Publishing House apply a different tax rate based on the destination of the goods, this will be declared in the checkout.
When ordering goods from La Calama Publishing House for delivery overseas, you may be subject to import duties and taxes that are levied once the package reaches your country. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from La Calama Publishing House, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
This is as follows:
1) If the goods La Calama Publishing House delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, La Calama Publishing House shall have no liability to you unless you notify La Calama Publishing House in writing at La Calama Publishing House contact address of the problem within ten working days of the delivery of goods in question.
2) If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, La Calama Publishing House shall have no liability to you unless you notify La Calama Publishing House in writing at La Calama Publishing House contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which the goods were dispatched to you.
3) If you notify a problem to La Calama Publishing House under this condition, La Calama Publishing House only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment, unless such method is no longer valid in which case La Calama Publishing House e-coupons will be issued to the value of the refund due.
4) La Calama Publishing House will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to La Calama Publishing House under this condition and La Calama Publishing House shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (c) above.
5) Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit La Calama Publishing House liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
La Calama Publishing House shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which La Calama Publishing House excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
La Calama Publishing House operates a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Service department at the following address: Customer Service Manager, La Calama Publishing House Limited, Via Vecchia palaiese n.2, Pontedera (Zip Code: 56025) – Italy (IT)
These terms and conditions, together with the current La Calama Publishing House website prices, delivery details and La Calama Publishing House contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by La Calama Publishing House. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a director of La Calama Publishing House. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of La Calama Publishing House should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by La Calama Publishing House. La Calama Publishing House shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. La Calama Publishing House shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
La Calama Publishing House is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an 'as is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, La Calama Publishing House makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of La Calama Publishing House howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither La Calama Publishing House nor any of its Directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Our website may contain hyperlinks. These hyperlinks connect you to sites of other organisations which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our website is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of La Calama Publishing House.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of La Calama Publishing House, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with La Calama Publishing House, or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of La Calama Publishing House is strictly prohibited.
You will find below information with regard as to which data will registered during your visit on our internet site, as well as to how this data will be used. In this regard, you hereby expressly agree to the registration and use of the following personal information and data.
1. Personal data
Every access to our internet pages and every access to any data stored on our internet pages will be recorded. The said storage is made for system and statistical purposes . The following information will be stored: the name of the data accessed, the date and time of such access, the amount of data transferred, confirmation of successful access, web-browser and accessed domain / IP address(es).
Additional personal data shall only be recorded and stored in the event that such information is given by you in connection with your registration in and use of our internet shop.
Insofar as you shall have made personal data available, we shall use same only to answer your questions, to process closed and effective contracts as well as for technical administration. You hereby expressly agree that advertising material may be forwarded to the e-mail address you have given on our internet site(s).
Your personal data will only be made know to third parties for the purposes of either fulfilling any contract closed (and especially, in this regard, to any supplier fulfilling in whole or in part any such contract closed), for accounting/payment purposes or in the event that you shall have prior approved any party to whom such personal data is to be made know.
3. Withdraw data
The deletion of the personal data saved shall occur when you shall recall you agreement to such saving of same, when we do not need to know anymore your personal data for the purposes we first stored it or when such saving is for other legal reasons not allowed.
4. Saved data
In these terms and conditions:-
'La Calama Publishing House' means La Calama Publishing House Limited, Via Vecchia palaiese n.2, Pontedera (Zip Code: 56025) – Italy (IT) any connected organisation that actually supplies goods ordered by you and any successor to its business;
'working day' means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays;
'us' means La Calama Publishing House and you together; and
'you' and 'your' means the person ordering goods under these terms and conditions.